Lowland lake trout season is here, and state wildlife staff have stocked tens of thousands of fish in Lewis County lakes.
And the season is even better this year, as the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife has released 700 tagged fish for their 2016 Fishing Derby, which is free to anyone with a valid fishing license from April 23 to September 6.
Seven lakes across Lewis County are part of the derby this year; click or tap on their names below for more information and a map to each.
According to WDFW, the agency is awarding more than $20,000 in prizes from more than 130 dealers across the state. Dealers in Lewis County include the following:
- Barrier Dam Campground, 273 Fuller Road, Salkum
- Mineral Market, 104 Front Street, Mineral
- Riverview Food Mart, 130 Cowlitz Street, Toledo
- Sunbird Shopping Center, 1757 N. National Avenue, Chehalis
- Blanton’s, 13040 U.S. Highway 12, Packwood
- Fischer’s Market, 9790 U.S. Highway 12, Randle
Remember that you need an active fishing license to fish Washington lakes, and you’ll need a WDFW Vehicle Access Pass to park at a WDFW-managed Water Access Site.