The depot, completed in 1912, served a major railroad corridor that brought passengers and freight through Chehalis and Centralia. It’s a consistent reminder of the role railroads played in the formation of both cities, and was a centerpiece of the business district of Chehalis. President Theodore Roosevelt also spoke from a stump near the site of the depot in 1903.
Today the depot serves as the home of the Lewis County Historical Museum, which chronicles and keeps a vast repository of Lewis County's history through displays, documents, oral history and so much more. Visit their website for more info!
How to get there: