Lewis County’s newest addition to the National Register is the Historic Courthouse in Chehalis.
The building housed district and superior courts and all county government functions from 1927 to 1954. The courthouse was built in the Beaux Arts architectural style — commonly known as a symbol of corporate wealth and civic pride — and serves as one of the best examples of that construction in the state.
Today, the courthouse comprises offices of several departments of Lewis County government, including the Assessor, Auditor, Commissioners, and more. It's also home to the Washington State University Extension office for Lewis County.
How to get there: