The Olympic Club was built in 1913 and has stood as a community landmark, meeting place and bar/grill for more than a century.
In its earlier days, loggers frequented the bar, where there was a job board for those seeking work in the logging industry; today it serves as a McMenamins property, with a bar, restaurant and a theatre showing second-run movies.
Built in the Art Nouveau style, several nods to the past are referenced, including a sign indicating a ban on female patronage close to the bar. A close look at the decor shows the building still standing out from several neighboring buildings in downtown Centralia.
Today, the Olympic Club itself is situated next door to another McMenamins property, the McMenamins Olympic Club Hotel. It is a very popular stopover especially for tourists visiting by train.
How to get there: