Built in 1858, the historic Claquato Church is cited as the last of all the early churches of Washington Territory to remain standing. It hosted services until the 1930s, but soon became vacant and was vandalized over the years.
The American Legion Post 22 restored the church in 1953, and it has since been rededicated as a memorial to the early pioneers of Lewis County. It stands proudly in the former community of Claquato, near the Claquato Cemetery just west of Chehalis.
How to get there: