The Tour de Farms on the Willapa Hills Trail Fat Tire Ride brings the agricultural offerings of five of our region's prominent farms front and center during the Fat Tire Ride, which aims to concurrently showcase the Willapa Hills Trail and the town of Pe Ell to visitors from outside the area.
This event, which starts at the Spooner Road intersection with the Willapa Hills Trail (trail mile 6), offers the opportunity to pet farm animals, taste the goodness of real farm produce and experience a break from the ride on some beautiful scenery.
Farm events include the following:
• Rosecrest Farm will donate Organic Valley milk and cheese snacks for the ride. Products will also be available for sale at the store and kids can see the new calves up close!
• Wedin Farm & Friends is teaming up with Dawn's Delectables for some tasty food options on this historic 1918 farm. Product demos, music and more are here!
• Willapa Hills Creamery will provide snacks, refreshments and restrooms for the ride. Their Farm Store will also be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Black Sheep Creamery will have a lamb pen open for viewing, and will also host a wool spinning demo. Products will be made available for sale, with delivery options.
• Newaukum Valley Farm will host the Chefs in Our Field evening farm-to-table dinner from 4:30 - 8 p.m.. Tickets for dinner available at their website–.
For information on each farm offered in the Tour de Farms, visit the official website for the Willapa Hills Trail Fat Tire Ride.
Also, the Tour de Farms offers a unique opportunity for riders of the Centralia-Chehalis Railroad & Museum's Steam Train to disembark at the Spooner Road stop, allowing them to take in the Tour De Farms. With three train trips on June 25 (at 1, 3 and 5 p.m.) the trains will let people off at Spooner at 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Riders can be picked up for the return trip to Chehalis at 2, 4 and 6 p.m.